Sunday, June 10, 2012

Quick Gunmetal Update

Hi all!  Wouldn't you know, after I wrote my last post, I finally found Revlon Carbonite!  For the first time, I had success finding polish at my Big Lots, which has a history of sucking.

Below, I've got a nail wheel comparison of Carbonite with the polishes I discussed in my last post.

L-R:  Revlon Carbonite, OPI Just Spotted the Lizard, Sinful Colors Secret Admirer, Ruby Kisses Steel Magnolia
The wheel pic is not 100% accurate, as it is much easier to see in real life that Carbonite and Just Spotted are NOT dupes at all!  Carbonite is nearly a one-coater, whereas Just Spotted definitely needs at least two coats.  Just Spotted also has a faint rainbow shimmer that is absent in Carbonite.  The only possible dupe I'm missing here is Chanel Graphite, but I can tell ya right now that it's just going to have to stay missing!  I hope this helps anyone else who, like me, is partial to the gunmetal family of colors.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments including links to personal blogs will most likely be considered link-spamming and will not be approved.



Not approving comments makes me feel mean. Please don't make me do it.